Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Best Hd Recorder 2010

's interview with Nicole Gervais


It is said that one should not judge a book by its cover, but it seems to me that the cover of your last album express image with title and two very different emotions: Songs for the Tin Man had a cover aggressive, hiding an anger and a difficulty in relating to this world, or all or the love seems to want to talk about a man who has found a peace and its right size. Where there was a robot today there is a street and a horizon. It 'really changed so Evasio Muraro in the past year?

That robot is an image that I carry around for several years, since the days of industry-Out, and as with many other things, it seemed right to a certain point "close" to perfect sense to those thoughts, those feelings, a whole period. It 's why the cover of Songs for tin men seemed a good way to stop a moment, and then leave. So do not talk a lot about change, how much of that desire to move towards new horizons then took shape with the cover of All or love.

Although the production team remained basically the same, too musical has undergone a radical transformation. The impression is that Songs for tin men had more variety and richness of the arrangements (and in fact even more musicians involved) probably because there was a search for its own defined style, and All or love seems to have arrived at a more sound harsh, but perhaps the most personal and definite. It 's so?

could not be otherwise. Consider that since I decided to work on songs for men of tin to its release two years have passed, with all that this entails. All or love for it is only six months, two sessions with the musicians, a day of recordings for the basic tracks. But more than anything when I focus on keyboards and Fidel Fogaroli Stefano Bertoli on drums, I knew I had found a nice slice of the sound I was looking for and that I needed more. What has remained the same, is how much beer (laughs).

Staying productive aspect, when you write a song you think you already now how do you want to hear played and arranged in the final version, or prefer to concentrate on the words and be surprised with the result when you work in study?

I do not have a fixed rule. Basically I write the song itself, just with the guitar: I must suffice so. I think it would be a big problem to think that then you could argue better with a good arrangement, the song has to exist alone, one can not invent. Of course not deny that then I really like working in the studio, and try to experiment with new solutions, especially at the side of that mad genius of Daniel teeth.

Recently we met at a small concert farewell to the scenes of the Groovers, the band with whom you shared so many years as a bass player. I was struck by your explanation on that occasion the decision to dissolve the band: "It's not my rock this" you said. What is the rock Muraro Evasio of today?

Well, I think in retrospect of farewell concert of Groovers I relived what we did for the industry out, which eventually broke up without ads and without many stories. These are experiences that have given so much, I have assimilated and that I loved, but the production and then all the work on songs for men of tin has forced me to close the parentheses, and it is never easy. My rock today is to decide: where to stay, with those who feel, but most importantly, what to be. It 'been a desire for attention that the dynamics of a group, not a rock band help you. It 'been a need to break that sound louder than a distorted guitar, of listening to those with only a whisper, and all he has, of seeing who is invisible, being disgusted by constant empty promises, from mirages, from a policy and a society hollow and empty, of being in this vortex and try desperately not to extinguish that spark inside of me that still try.

Groovers That was the daughter of a music "combat-rock" to the Clash, street music and collective revolution, as well as that of the industry out, your historic first band. It seems to me that your music today prefer to focus more on the feelings of individuals. E 'emblematic in this sense to stop when I want, a sort of list of small battles and little mythologized the common people, simple things like stop smoking or to betray his wife. These are really new battles to fight for you or we are simply refusing to spend it for something bigger?

Eh, eh, in the end is not so hard to be a super hero. You try it: if you're lucky six super, if you like you're dead wrong. Simple, no? But what is hard to fight in everyday life? Defending apathy? Make a small step forward every day keeping us tight what we have built with so much effort to be consistent ... but not stupid, have a smile on his lips and heart, but be certain recipes, but not dependent. This is the real revolution for me.

If , one of the best songs of the album in my opinion, is truly born twenty years ago at the time of Sector Out What had yet to tell you this song after so long?

If there's one thing I learned working on songs for the first men of tin and then to All or love is that our time and what songs are two different variables. Also pick up the life I was left there in the drawer for twenty years and then, one evening, there she was, she comes. If the speech is similar, though different, is a song I love and I believe in what we had recorded the best record out of that sector, ironically, has not even been out and see if the first time I played it at Spaziomusica last year, during the Distrattour, and all we had was the first time that we find ourselves in recent years. Since then it has been fixed in the playlist of my concerts, and saw that he was never out in "official" version, it seemed right to put it in the All or love.

In the disk, there are three covers. Exhausted Summer ballad was a song on the disc Moths Giancarlo Onorato, beautiful album of an artist as versatile unrecognized, despite boasting more than thirty years of his career. What do you think needs to communicate a cover that has not already been informed by the author?

Nothing, absolutely nothing. The difference is that in interpreting a song, I try to suck all the life-blood, just for myself. E 'admission of his own limitations, right? I would have written it, but since there is not, I make a gift, then if I do it to others, so much the better.

But I Love You Too is the reinterpretation of "italian-country" (forgive me if the definition ..) of stranota Solitary Man by Neil Diamond. Although I believe that has played here the very version that gave Johnny Cash on American Recordings, is not it? Do you think the fact that the public knows more or less the original, has influenced on your way to reinterpret the song?

Even that is a song that has followed me throughout the Distrattour. I must say that the figure of Johnny Cash gave me a sign, because in addition to Solitary Man, I always hit his version of U2's One. But when I heard "his" Solitary Man I'm reminded of a song long ago, so I asked my sister, who a few years older than me, and she reminded me of the version of Gianni Morandi. So for all Distrattour, I played a patchwork between the Solitary Man by Johnny Cash with the words in Italian. Since it was liked everywhere, I did leave a trace, but When recording, I worked for subtraction, and they ended Dino Barbé are the banjo, the dobro of Gnola and the beautiful voices of Gobar. Somehow, it is the atmosphere, reminds me of the Carter Family, and perhaps this is a circle that closes.

The third cover is O dear wife of Ivan the MEA, in a sense betrays what we said before, and brings the disc to be an intimate dimension to a battle as social and community the union.

admit that when I thought I resented would be anachronistic, then I pass by the images of Fiat workers who voted sadly their future at Termini Imerese, without even being able to fight with the "pigs owners" in the flesh, and I wondered if the same Ivan ( Della Mea) today still write like that. But then, I think there is now an anachronism of our ruling class and the way of being, above all, to think of the working class, who work. We can not oppose those who hold power in our hearts and then aspire to be like them, live like them, think like them. Ivan Della Mea had caught a big milestone, and here is today more than ever, which is an open dialogue with their child, but I would also be helpful in dealing with the institutions, from trade unions that some reflection on these issues sooner or later they will do it.

Whisper songs still pays homage to Ivan Della Mea and Roger Whittaker, but in general it seemed to me a statement of belonging to a certain way of writing songs telling the stories of the simple man, that song is typical of the Milanese. You are really a son of this artistic tradition?

Not really, as I said I come from rock experiences, which are a part of me. Although I must admit that on a parallel track, I always had an interest in popular culture and traditional, for example the song in Milanese dialect, which I love.

for one hour is probably one of the most tense moments of the disc as close to an idea of \u200b\u200bthe Italian rock Alberto Fortis. He calls this "disturbed" rather than angry, a reflection on the time lost in useless chatter that seems to want to tell us that our problem is right that we are forced to daily living. It is worth to fight it or we are doomed to endure in silence?

Never stand in silence, never to equate those who do not share our ideas. We propose a dialogue on our soil, we avoid the confrontation, we planted the seeds for the tree of civilization. Maybe a song will not change anything, but you want to put the beauty of a melody with the horrible squalor of a conspiracy?

paraphrase a famous phrase from Roberto Freak Antoni, who said that in Italy no fun to be smart, what fun there is in Italy to make the singer today?
is the pleasure of thinking of writing something good, to have a little dignity to be protected, that he had invented a way of having pursued the idea. I suppose this applies to all professions, crafts. No fun in putting a seed, to bind to the roots. It 's just that, but not cheap.

do not ask you the albums to a desert island because I pity you, but instead tell me your not a disc that could easily be, that represents you and describes in full.

Two years ago I would have responded Sky Blue Sky of Wilco, a rock and roll when I find myself very much. Today I say to Josh Ritter: Its I Run Away Worlds is fixed in my player since its release and I doubt that will come out soon. A large disk with many ideas that I feel close.

Who is that instead could be fully described by Evasio Muraro today?

No one would say, already is not easy to represent themselves, let alone someone else. Instead I'll tell you that I need to be able to describe a moment, a small, one story, a character. Would be a nice goal.

Special thanks to Nicola (Gervais). Visit his (-date) blog: http://ennegi.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment